Sunday, January 16, 2011

Learning Something New



So this has absolutely nothing to do with photography, but more with my Quest to continue to learn new things.  I have always had a desire to learn Archery.  This winter I decided that it was finally time to start.  I worked a third job on Sunday mornings and put every dime toward purchasing the best bow I could find that was made for female shooters.

I will be target shooting,  not animal shooting.  I realized right off that since I photograph animals there was no way in hell I could shoot one with an arrow.  Just ain't gonna happen.  I now own a Hoyt Vicxen beautiful white compound bow.  After I got the bow, I then purchased a Sure-Loc target sight and some good quality carbon arrows.

I have never shot a bow and arrow in my life until today.  Today I got up and decided today was the day to shoot my first arrow.  I went to Bwana's Archery where they have helped me every step of the way.  They have an indoor target range for practicing and league play.

All I can say is today was a good day.  I shot many arrows and had a great time.  I was surrounded by friendly people and great advice and am really looking forward to learning all I can about this great sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment