Tuesday, September 6, 2011

How I got my name of "PaddleTramp"

My name of "Paddletramp" started sort of as a funny joke and it stuck.  I have a passion for both photography and canoeing and I also have a full-time job as a pre-school teacher for the past 23 years.  About 4 or 5 years ago or so I had an awesome assistant teacher named Maria.  We hit it off right away and I also took note that she called me "quirky" in the first 15 minutes she had met me.  But I knew she meant it in a kind loving way :)  A few months into the summer that she worked with me, she made me this bright yellow t-shirt that said Paddletramp on it.  I loved it immediately and have worn it canoeing many times.  Later, when I needed to come up with a new email address I thought long and hard and suddenly "paddletramp" came into my mind.  Then when I wanted to name my Fine Art Photography business, the name "Paddletramp Photography" was at the fore-front.  Yes, if I would have named it "Debbie Hartmann Photography" maybe people would remember my name better.  But "Paddletramp Photography" is way more fun... and that is a big part of being me... having fun at whatever I choose to do.  So Thank You Maria...for the yellow t-shirt...and for the name of Paddletramp that keeps the fun in my photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment